Monday, October 6, 2014

The Sacrament (2013)




Eyeball Treat: The Sacrament (2013)


Spoiler Alert! 
Since this is a fairly new movie, I just want to remind ya'll that there are definitely a few spoilers in here. Especially if you're not familiar with Jonestown.

First Time View? Yup!

The Meat of It: Father doesn't always know best. Especially when he's doin' blow and sampling the vaginas of his congregation.
 
Here are five things I love about The Sacrament: Lies! All lies! I did not love The Sacrament.

And here's the thing, this is by no means a bad movie. In fact, I group-watched it online with Halloween Horror Club and plenty of folks there found it worth their time. It also currently has a 6.2 rating on IMDb so it's obvious that the majority of people who watch this movie, end up liking it. It's just not my kind of movie. But then again I genuinely love Hard Rock Zombies so maybe take my opinion with a grain of salt.

So here are 5 things I found alright in a movie I didn't really care that much for:

1. This crazy chic:


Okay, so maybe that screenshot is a bit unfair since I caught her in a really awkward moment. But I did think Amy Seimetz did a decent job portraying this wackadoo. She was pretty convincing.


2.  Party Father:



Another decent performance. Gene Jones nailed the manipulative, Jim Jones figure. Enough so that if I were ever to visit his house and he offered me a drink, I'd be hesitant to accept it.



3. The warning label on this vat of "special drink":


This was seriously one of only two things I jotted down during my viewing. "Don't let your baby play in the poison Flavor-Aid!"



4.  This scene with an interesting bit of motherly logic:

Not gonna spoil it but this caught me off guard.


5. Sibling bonding:


I don't care what's happening. I'm never going to clutch my brother's face to my boobs.

Without being too specific about what's happening here, I just want to say the idea behind this scene made me squeamish. And also, I kind of laughed at Kentucker Audley's performance. Now I'm laughing at the name Kentucker. I'm a bad person. 





Keep in mind, this rating is just based on the Lady Terminator level of enjoyment. I am in no way saying that you shouldn't give this movie a watch if it sounds like it's something you'd dig!


Until next time...

Kool-Aid Kisses,
Lady Terminator AKA Erika Instead




No comments:

Post a Comment